Re: electricals

To: kengano@advant.com
Subject: Re: electricals
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 07:58:01 +0000
Cc: triumphs mail list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Good oly Haynes do one, I am not shure what it's like, but I suspect it
will cover what you need to know.

I don't however have a book on that, because my 6th form was kind enough
to teach me A'level electronics which cover's the electrical bit, from
there it's common sence.  I wouldent however touch a new car, I have
seen there circet diagrams they go over 6 pages with tiny type.  I look
forward to the 3 wire systems you are suposed to get.  Power, clock and
data, you send out a signel saying turn on rear brake light, and it
turns it's self on.  Much better...

Maby you would be better getting hold of a text book of normal
electronics, it would give you a much better understanding of how thing
like your altinator works, so you can do thing like work out how hot the
transisters get a x rpm with the lights on.  The other thing is don't be
afraid to take thing apart, look at them see how they work, and put them
back to gether to workout why somthing else is not working.

You will also be able to make your self a car alarm, where as the best
you will get with an automotive electonics book is how to install it.

--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot