Re: GT6: which spin-on filter?

To: SCB963@aol.com
Subject: Re: GT6: which spin-on filter?
From: Windoseat <Windoseat@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 20:59:31 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi;

I purchased a spin on filter adapter for my GT6+ from VB and experienced the
leaking problems described by those who are fitting them to the TR6. No
surprise there. The filter was also purchased from VB, but I have collected a
lot of advice from listers who use name brands. The problem is that the
alignment of the filter is dictated by the steering shaft. It has to be a
stubby filter but I don't think the size is a problem. My 85 Chevy V6 has
filter about the same size and it works fine.

When I dig out the info on which name brand filters to use I'll post it. I
intend to convert to a remote filter in the near future in order to avoid the
steering column problem.

Greg Wolf
1970 GT6+ "Ian"
Ann Arbor, Michigan