Re: MORE on Nyloc nuts

To: John Duhart <DUHART@symbol.com>
Subject: Re: MORE on Nyloc nuts
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 09:46:17 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: jmwagner@greenheart.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, jbonina@nectech.com
On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, John Duhart wrote:

> Hey Justin.
>

>  I bought mine from a boat shop.  I asked the owner what grade the nuts
were, he looked down his nose and said nuts don't come in grades.  I know
bolts come in grades, but how do you tell what grade the nut is?

> Later,
> JHD IV

Bob Lang chiming in here... nuts most certainly come in different grades.
What you just bought were either grade two or grade five. They probably
are silvery in color. Grade 8 look more goldish, I think they have some
kind of cadmium plating... AN364 and AN365 look more like grade 8, I'm
sure these are cadmium plated. They don't seem to rust.

Call Pegasus or a local aircraft supply place for high grade/high quality
bolts and nuts.

bye,
rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |