TR6 body gap

To: <johnw@wrq.com>
Subject: TR6 body gap
From: Bruce Krobusek <BruceKro@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 19:41:03 -0500
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
>     Second question is much more involved. The car has about zero body
>     rot, but I still have a solid gap between the door and the rear body
>     panels, especially at the top. One would have to imagine a "V" to get
>     a picture of the gap from bottom to top. I am told this condition can
>     be corrected by replacing the worn rubber between the body and the
>     chassis. I can also reduce this gap to nil by raising the rear of the
>     car. Is the solution as simple as shimming via new rubber at the rear
>     end, or am I looking elsewhere?

I have the same problem with Mrs Peel. I added body shims, but that didn't
help too much. Near as I can tell this is simply the way the car was built,
and to fix it would be a major undertaking. I have seen other cars with the
same condition. I'm just living with it and trying to keep the rest of the
car
running!   :-)

     Bruce

      Bruce A. Krobusek