need MK1 Spit Dist. Vac. Advance

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: need MK1 Spit Dist. Vac. Advance
From: Mark Sinclair <msinclair@dis-inc.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 10:52:18 -0800
Hello all,

It seems that my vacuum advance has given up and I'm having some trouble
getting a replacement. The only option I have at the moment is to replace
the whole dizzy with an aftermarket one of some sort.

This distributor has the mechanical tach take-off and the vernier dohicky
for adjusting the advance - I really like this last little feature as it
makes setting the timing much easier - it's not a part of the replacement
distributor and so I'd rather keep the original if possible.

Does anyone know of a source for the vacuum advance unit or for a complete
NOS/rebuilt original MK1 Spit distributor?

Anyone tried to replace the diaphragm? - yeah I know it's a long shot but
thought I'd ask anyway.

Cheers
Mark Sinclair
64 Spit MK1-MK4 mongrel
- my vote goes to keeping one list
- am not planning on going on the spit list until the digest is up and
running and will be staying on the TR list as well (digest)
- favorite beer votes - Blue Duck (from the Dux, Christchurch, NZ), Sierra
Nevada (California)