reversing light

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Subject: reversing light
From: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 13:17:50 -0600
Cc: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

    Malcolm> My TR4 doesn't have a backup light.  The DPO(s) had a big
    Malcolm> red switch on the dash that probably operated one, but I
    Malcolm> removed that when I veneered the dash and covered over the
    Malcolm> hole.  The switch was wired up to the trunk area, but there
    Malcolm> wasn't any light bulbs.

There's a switch (probably not present) in the top cover of the trans.
I don't remember _which_ boss you have to drill and tap, but someone
else here probably will.  It's a fairly easy job (I did the ones for my
O/D install myself).  You can remove and operate on the top cover with
the trans installed by yanking the trans cover. The switch is available
from the Big 3, and so are the incredibly expensive ($1.50 each!) copper
crush washers used to mount it.
                                                                -MM