Re: Schaller recomendations

To: vafred@erols.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Schaller recomendations
From: TRIPHSTEVE <TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 14:48:19 EST
Fred and list-

As you know, the late Bob Schaller has written extensively on modifications to
sidescreen cars. He has helped more cars to stay on the road by solving the
overheating problems than probably anyone else. His booklet, "More BS about
TR's," is sold by TRF. I probably bought his last radiator rebuild and will
always remember him fondly.

To your question, he recomends an industrial core which provides about 37%
more cooling capacity and increases flow rate over the original cores. It is a
Modine No. 12031PL and has a common name in the business as "the L core." Bob
writes,"When combined with the oil cooler, blocked bypass, 6 blade fan and an
overflow catch bottle, you have a thoroughly modrenized cooling system that
will be trouble-free.

I have his radiator, blocked bypass and an electric fan that he recomends,
cured my problem.

Hope this helps.

Steve Thornton
Bowling Green, KY