Re: the new list, TRs, my new GT6+ project

To: "Peter J. Thomas" <pjthomas01@snet.net>
Subject: Re: the new list, TRs, my new GT6+ project
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 10:30:41 -0800 (PST)
Cc: McGaheyRx <McGaheyRx@aol.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Peter J. Thomas wrote:

> > to both lists ? Then people like me who want to be on both lists will
>actually
> > get MORE mail when this happens.
>
> Should be a list for each model and one general list.  Model specific
>questions go
> model list.  Great stories go to general list.  Every body subscribes to their
> favorite models and the general list.  Simpler than Lucas.

I think that there may be a way to make Majordomo combine lists and send
only one message if it is broadcast over several lists.  Maybe not.  I'm
not too familiar with list server software, but I bet that there's room
for expansion on majordomo, anyone know there's a scripting language on
it?

It wouldn't be too hard to block repeat messages to multiple-list
subscribers, based on the message date/time/length/sender... but I'm
unsure as to how majordomo handles messages, and how it compiles the
digests.