Re: Engine Wear and Tear

To: Edward Hutchinson <seah@zorba.info.sunyit.edu>
Subject: Re: Engine Wear and Tear
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 10:15:00 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>I have the option of traveling from my home to Albany NY on the NYS Thruway
>at 65 MPH for about 2 hours or driving Route 5 - traditional two lane road
>- passing through many towns and villages - more stop and go type driving
>for about 2.5 hours.
>
>My concern is which type driving would be worse for the 1) the engine, 2)
>the transmission, diff., etc. and 3) the overall car in general.
Ed,
Stop and go driving is by far the worst on the engine and drive train than
steady state freeway driving.  But which route will provide the most
entertainment value - That's how I determine which route to take, after
all, these cars are meant to be fun, not just mundane transportation.
Heck, every thing wears out eventually, have fun, don't worry about the
wear factor!  If it were me I'd opt for the two laner!!

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (project)
73 Ford Courier (parts hauler, rain vehicle, getting a V6 soon!)