Re: TR4A clutch bearing sleeve

To: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>, "INTERNET:triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR4A clutch bearing sleeve
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 20:50:49 -0500
Barry,

Thanks for that info.  Now the BIG question:  Do I need to create a bend in
the rim of
the clutch sleeve (where the fork rides) to prevent spinning of the sleeve?
 As I said
before, the original sleeve had such a bend, but the factory manual does
not mention
it at all.

-Tony

Message text written by Barry Schwartz
>>It appears that the intent
>of this was to prevent rotation of the sleeve against the fork.
***********************************
Yep, that's exactly what that is for
> I have talked to a local britich care
>"expert".  He does not know of such a thing done to triumph sleeves.  He
>does know of other british cars that have various techniques to prevent
>rotation of the sleeve on the fork, though.  Anybody see this sort of
thing
>before?
Sure have, AMC, Ford, Chevy, and others use this technique-

<