what goes around, comes around(miata bashing)

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: what goes around, comes around(miata bashing)
From: "Ron Roach " <rroach@sprint.ca>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 17:25:13 -0800
Cc: "ken roach" <ken.roach@sk.sympatico.ca>
Y'know, I wonder what people thought of others who bought cheeky little
sports cars, British or otherwise back when they were new.  Were they
looked upon as yuppies(or whatever they were called then), preps, posers?
I have a feeling that they were looked at the same way people who drive
miatas are judged.
Let's face it, the miata is one of the few real sports cars out there, and
quite simple compared to most new cars, built with driving in mind.  I've
driven a first a first gen. miata and it was a BLAST!  I could get used to
owning one if the damn trunk would hold a guitar case!
I loved the pop up lights of the old style, quirky or odd as they might've
been, but I like quirky styles, that's why I own an LBC.
And I definitely don't have a problem with a car company filling a nitch in
the market with a sports car that's borrowed or "stealed" ideas from other
traditional, "original designs", in order to create a FUN car.  If the
British or any other manufactures can't or won't do it, I say more power to
the ones with enough berries to do it!
The only thing that bugs me is when I see a union jack stuck on the bumper
of a