Re: TR3 with straight six.

To: vafred@erols.com, rogerh@digimation.com
Subject: Re: TR3 with straight six.
From: Lftlesl <Lftlesl@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 10:49:34 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Dave Hayden, who owns the car in question, is a stalwart member of the British
Motoring Club of New Orleans. He brings the TR3 with a 6 to the show every
year. A couple of years ago, I asked him about the car. He said he built it
only because he had all the pieces lying around -- a TR3 with no engine, and a
GT6 mill. He told me he would not have built the car otherwise, and that it
took a lot of jiggering to fit the engine to the body. He also said it is not
appreciably faster than a stock TR3. By the way, you ought to see his Morgan!
Cheers,
Les Landon