Missing something(con't)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Missing something(con't)
From: "Alan Camhi" <camhi@symbol.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 10:10:33 -0500
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say thatnks to all that provided their expertise in my non
starting engine problem.  The general consensus is that it is either electrical
of fuel related(duh Alan).  First I will look into the leaking of the carb.  It
could be a sticky needle valve, loose float bowl screw or possibly I might have
tightened these screws in an order that would provide unequal stress on the
float bowl.  I'll also open my choke and try it.  Currently, I have a broken
choke cable. so the choke is closed.

Once I determine why it is leaking, I will check for sparks and see if my
electrical is up to speed(can't imagine why it would go out of whack)  I have
only run the car about an hour(six times at 10 minutes per time).  Each time,
no problems with the electrics.  I guess stranger things have happened.

I'll go from there and keep you all posted.  One thing.  While I was removing
the exhaust mainfoild for cleaning and painting I saw a few sparks fly from
disconnected choke cable as it touched something else(not sure what).  My
battery was connected. Could I have fried a component that would cause my car
not to start?  The sparks came from the just above the generator(right, front,
top, of the engine).

Once again thanks for all you help and i'll keep you all posted.

Best regards,

Alan Camhi