Re: 99 Miata

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 99 Miata
From: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 09:51:46 -0600

    Larry> it still bothers me that people would pay that amount of
    Larry> money for a car that they would not put the top down on, when
    Larry> i see the 6 triumphs and 2 mg's that i know of riding round
    Larry> with the tops down in 45 degree weather...

I drive Sonja March/April-Late Oct here in Milwaukee, and I can still
(after 5 years here) count on my two hands the number of times I've put
her top up.  Admittedly, the ease with which this operation is performed
has a small amount to do with that, however since I can blame at least
four of the occasions on my last right seat companion (who was
thin-blooded in the extreme IMHO) it balances out.  I just don't see the
need up here.  Now, if I lived somewhere where the solar index was a
little higher, I might have a different opinion (and a different summer
car, maybe).  Savannah, for instance, shade was nice there.  The TR8
guys (and gals) were using their A/C at that one...
                                                                -MM