RE: TR3 temperature gauge question

To: "'Adrio Taucer'" <adrio@capitalnet.com>
Subject: RE: TR3 temperature gauge question
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 11:30:14 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Adrio - wouldn't it be easier to just pick up an original type unit.
That is unless PO bodged the thermo housing.    I know it is $100 or
there abouts, but ...

What thermostat do you have in the car?    What ever the operating temp
of that is could be your center line or just past it (on the H side) on
the guage.  Mine runs at about 185 on standard thermostat.  (which from
memory is at about the 5:00 mark on the dial)   I don't like to see it
go over 200 although on rare occasions it has gone higher (but not since
the rad was boiled out).

Hope this helps.

Later,
Carl F. Musson
TS25264L - borrowing the engine/tranny from
TS81802LO - body off restoration in progress...
Tampa, Florida (USA)
E-Mail: Musson@arts.usf.edu <mailto:Musson@arts.usf.edu>
http://www.arts.usf.edu/~musson/triumph/
<http://www.arts.usf.edu/~musson/triumph/>  (update in progress)
(Picture of separated body and chassis should appear soon)