Re: TR6 wiring help please !!

To: jaltman@altlaw.com
Subject: Re: TR6 wiring help please !!
From: "Mark S. Lepore, M.D." <Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 10:35:12 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
jaltman@altlaw.com wrote:
Take a volt meter and see if there is 12v on the red/green wire at the fuse

> block.  If yes, then see if there is 12v at the red wire.  If no, either the
> fuse is bad or the fuse holder itself is bad.
>
> If there is no 12v at the r/g wire into the fuse block then the r/g wire
> running from the light switch to the fuse block is bad.

Jim:
I just double-checked.  I have 12v at the red-green wire, and across the fuse
box.  This goes to zero if the light switch is moved to the off position.

I'm not so sure about the red and red/white at the rheostat, though.  My meter
is an auto-switch kind, so it won't give me volts at the rheostat, just ohms.
It seems I'm getting a reading regardless of whether the light switch if off or
on.  I also checked one of the instrument light sockets, and was getting an ohm
reading regardless of the light switch.
However, the instrument lights were working just fine prior to me installing the
switch, so I think the circuit must be ok.  Any other ideas?
Thanks,
Sirmoog