TR6 Electrical Help

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Electrical Help
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 20:47:55 -0800
For those who have tamed the Lucas beast, I have a question.

I currently have my speedometer out of the dash (had it rebuilt
and will be installing it next weekend with new cable).  I drove
the car back from the garage on Friday after some minor follow-up
work was completed on the frame. It was raining and my wipers
didn't work.  When I got the 6 in the garage I started checking out
why this was. I then noticed that the temp gauge as well as the
fule gauge were not working.

My question is would these be effected because the speedometer
is not in and thus the voltage stabilizer is not connected. In
reviewing the wiring diagram, the common thread between these
instruments is they all have a green wire connected. The green wire
also runs through the voltage stabilizer.  I know the guages as well
as the wipers worked previously and this is the only explanation
I can come up with without having to run through a complete diagnostic
check of the electricals (which I do not savor).

Any thoughts would be muc appreciated.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6