Re: 99 Miata

To: Phil Smith <smith007@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: 99 Miata
From: "Robert J. Carley" <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 20:14:30 -0500 ()
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

On Sat, 21 Mar 1998, Phil Smith wrote:

> Does anyone know what the changes will be for 99 Miata? Bigger engine,sound
> more like a Triumph,?

During our snowstorm this Saturday, I visited the local Miata dealer, who
had a '99 (98?) in stock (it was too cold and miserable to even think
about working on my Tr6).  Whatever year, it is the new style Miata.
They have restyled the car nicely, with some RX7 lines added to it.
Engine is now at 140 hp.  Only two interior
options available - black vinyl/cloth or tan leather.  To get the tan
interior, you have to purchase a $3-4000  upgrade - 15 inch wheels, etc.
They have done away with the pop-up headlights, and rounded the body
nicely.

Quite a nice looking car (but not an LBC, yada yada yada) :-).

Robert Carley
1973 TR6
Ontario, Canada