TR-3 Pedal box disassembly????

To: bmack@direct.ca, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-3 Pedal box disassembly????
From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 17:11:19 -0500
     Bryce,
     Yes you can! I had mine all apart in the fall for reconditioning and
     now have them sitting in front of me. The biggest challenge in my case
     was removing the two pieces that are similar to the bottom half of a
     Canadian Tire muffler clamp. I don't know from what you wrote whether
     these are off yet - I couldn't tell that they were even removable
     until I saw a blow-apart diagram someplace. If these aren't off yet.
     remove the four bolts and try driving a wide screwdriver between them
     and the main bracket. Mine were really stuck. Be careful to keep track
     of which one goes on which side, because misalignment of these on
     reassembly will cause the pedals to bind.

     But wait a minute! Have you dropped the assembly out of the car? This
     has to be done first.

     Once the two pieces are off you can reinsert one of the bolts part way
     into the shaft and beat on it, and the shaft will eventually come out.
     Mine was not in great shape; the pedals were not returning due to crud
     and rust on the shaft. Now that it's all cleaned off and well greased
     up, they work like a charm. I did all parts but the shaft itself in
     gloss black, but this may not be totally correct. (I was out of
     semi-neutral-medium-satin-low-lustre black at the time, so now I can't
     show the car.....)

     Hope this helps,
     Regards,
     Jim wallace