Spit 1500 vs Midget 1500 aircleaners

Subject: Spit 1500 vs Midget 1500 aircleaners
From: "William West" <will_thane@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 16:14:16 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello,

I recently pulled the old engine switcheroo trick and put the engine from
one of my spits into my midget (which has not had a motor in it since
sometime before I bought the car).  Aside from a tragic mishap that left my
beautifully restored Midget body freshly dented, all seems to be going
together pretty well.

One question though....there is no way, I mean NO WAY that the spitfire
aircleaner is going to fit in the midget. Did the midget come equipped with
a different airfilter/housing?

Also, the airpump bracket on the spit motor is riding on top of the
motormount.  Was there a different spacer or bracket used on the Midget
1500?

Thanks in advance!
Will