Re: replace top or paint 1st?

To: "Don J. Howard" <dhoward@jht.com>
Subject: Re: replace top or paint 1st?
From: "Dr. Robert Carley" <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 16:41:18 -0500
Cc: KMNTR6 <KMNTR6@aol.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

Don J. Howard wrote:

> Spray paint finds every place it does not belong like rats after
> cheese.  I had a TR 4 painted "professionally" it had a black interior,
> went to its grave with silver on every interior surface.  Never did get
> it all off.  Compound from the buffing operation is just as bad.  Strip
> the interior and put it under your bed until the car is painted.
>
> Cheers, Don J. Howard

 I have the same problem with my TR6.   I stripped the interior, but
overspray still got on the dash top and surrounds,  with a professional
paint job.  Also, all over my freshly repainted suspension components and
some engine compartment parts.

Anybody have any ideas for removing overspray from the vinyl dash top and
surrounds?

Robert Carley
73 TR6
Ontario, Canada