Now back to the Clutch problem

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Now back to the Clutch problem
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 15:28:44 -0600
Comments: Authenticated sender is <Brad.Kahler@pop.141.com>
Ok, now that I have my 4A home, I'm ready to solve the problem with
my Spitfire Mk1 Clutch system.  After rebuilding the master cylinder
and the slave cylinders I rebleed the system and came up with what I
think is a major problem.

After the system is fully bleed, there is still no action on the
clutch itself.  It appears that the slave cylinder reaches full
stroke before the clutch throw out bearing operating lever is
activated.

I'm beginning to believe that I have installed something wrong inside
the bell housing.  Is it possible to put the throw out bearing in
backwards?  What other items could be assembled wrong that might
cause a similar problem.  I assembled the clutch, bell houseing and
transmission over 9 years ago and can't remember a thing about how I
put them together.  Are there any items I could check without
removing the transmission and bellhousing from the car?  I did try
sticking a long screwdriver up against the operating lever and
pushing and felt no movement whatso ever.  I can grab ahold of the
push-rod with needle nose pliers and move it about an inch or two.

How about it, does anyone have any ideas?

TIA

Brad

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (After 10 years will be on the road in
March!!!)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Car is finally home and ready for
Restoration)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Boxes & Boxes of parts right now)