Re: Paint Codes

To: "Musson, Carl" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>, "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Paint Codes
From: drew@pixar.com
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 11:11:33 -0800 "Paint Codes" (Mar 20, 1:41pm)
I found this mail in my "archives". Is it what you're looking for?

  Date: Tue, 2 Apr 1996 10:43:47 -0500 (EST)
  From: "Carl Musson (EVENTS)" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>
  To: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
  cc: BritCars List <british-cars@autox.team.net>
  Subject: Paint Conversion

  For the past week or so I have been trying to cross reference the
  original paint codes for TR3's.  Locals were not very helpful as the only
  numbers I had were from Piggott's book and from the Moss TR3 catalog.

  The Ditzler numbers listed by Moss are obsolete numbers.  I finally got
  the number of the PPG (Ditzler) Color Library.  The lady there was very
  helpful and was able to provide current PPG codes for the obsolete
  numbers.

  Since the paint shop I am using utilizes DuPont paint (he has a complete
  mixing operation) I then cross referenced them to DuPont.

  Color          Ditzler       PPG       Dupont
  Pearl White     8204        90093      45374
  Sebring White   8247         8869      37920
  Spa White       8335        90106      H7896

  PPG Color Library @ 216-572-6100

  Hope this is helpful to someone.

  TR3-TS25264L
  |  CARL F. MUSSON, Coordinator             INTERNET: musson@arts.usf.edu  |
  |            Opinions expressed are mine and not of my employer.          |

Drew

--
Drew Rogge
drew@pixar.com