Michelotti's Stuff Again

To: <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Michelotti's Stuff Again
From: "David Hill" <David_J_Hill@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 23:50:17 -0000
Greetings,

The list I came up with was the result of a very quick trawl through my
records. Michelotti did, of course, style the Stag and the 2000/2500/2.5PI.
I stand corrected on the Spitfire dates but I included the Spitfire IV up to
1980 because it got a bit Stag-ish about the rear end in its later years.

I could also use a little more advice on my 2.5PI's brakes. The master
cylinder and left rear wheel cylinder were leaking. The right rear wheel
cylinder was well and truly seized. The front discs didn't look too bad but
the outer 3/4 inch of each disc's inside surface wasn't being appreciably
used by the pads.
Fixing all this has given me some brakes; I'm bedding in the new parts now
and there's no air in the hydraulics. However, there's not much bite from
the pedal. Will I feel as though I'm stepping on a dead weasel in the future
because the brakes are normally like that? Or, will bedding in the pads
improve the feel of the pedal?
Comments from 2000/2500/2.5PI veterans welcome :-)
Thanks in advance,
Dave Hill