steering wheels

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: steering wheels
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 12:35:05 -0700
Has anyone fitted a "dished" steering wheel to their TR6? I am
considering a MotoLita wheel and am not sure if I should get flat or
dished. The reason I am wondering is that I find my stock wheel (flat)
is very close to the column mounted stalks (turn signal, headlight
dimmer and O/D switch - this is a late model TR6). At least when
compared to my other car, a VW GTI.

Sometimes I get the idea that the day will come when I will accidentally
break one of the switches when making an aggressive turn due to the flat
wheel's proximity to the switches.

I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has fitted a dished wheel to
their TR6 to see what you think of the fit and look. FWIW, I am 6'2" and
drive with my seat two notches from the farthest back position.

Thanks for any insights!

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada