'57 TR-3 vs NOT '57 TR-3a seat upholstery

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: '57 TR-3 vs NOT '57 TR-3a seat upholstery
From: "Bryce Mack" <bmack@direct.ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 17:05:59 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Well it was so nice getting back out into the garage yesterday after a long
hyatus.

However I stumbled upon a situation...my wife want to attempt sewing the
interior upholstery & redoing the sidecurtains. I brought in the seats,
sidecurtains and dash panel and there we are studying away and she asked if
these were original or not, I said yes and went & got the Moss catalogue.

THE DPO swapped the 3 seats when he died the red interior black with 3a
seats (different pattern)..OH H**L ! Now it seams the seat frame is the same
the seat itself is the same...

Is the seat shape (curvature of top the same on 3-3a?
Any other major differences???

Does anyone out there have a TR-3 smallmouth with orig style upholsetry and
could lend some assistance with measurements and diagrams of the correct
seat upholstery pattern.....

Thanks

Bryce Mack
http://mypage.direct.ca/b/bmack/triumph.htm