RE: Spitfire ZS Carb - strange occurrence

To: "'Atwell Haines'" <carbuff@scooter.net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Spitfire ZS Carb - strange occurrence
From: David Moag <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 18:34:06 -0800
Atwell,

When I first got my Spit I bought a gross jet for it. I brought the car
over to a very good LBC mechanic to do some other things to it (mostly to
enable me to fly through CA smog test), and asked him to install the jet
while he had it. He refused. Worse than that, he started yelling that he'd
told the guys who own the British Parts store we frequent to never sell
gross jets for Spits. I understood even less about all this stuff then than
I do now (which basically means I knew nothing), so I was not able to
follow the expletive-laced tirade about WHY he felt this way. I seem to
recall that the force at which it comes thru the jet can cause other
problems w/ the ZS setup.

Anyone else on the list know the rest of the story? If not, I guess I'll
just have to track him down to find out why.

- Dave Moag
  77 Spitfire
  62 TR3B