Non O/D gearbox level

To: triumph owners digest <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Non O/D gearbox level
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 14:26:24 +0000
I have a strange gearbox, and I am putting in some rubber mounts to
replace the
wooden ones I have in there as a temporary patch.  The chassis has the
plate
for an overdrive gearbox in, but no O/D mount.  My gearbox has not got
the
holes in the right places to put the standard mounts in.  It just has
the
holes in the bottom thing.  What I want to know, and I can't find this
in
any book I have, is what is the distance between the top of the chassis
members, and the bottom of the gearbox extension housing.  I need to
know
to make my mount I have designed.

Ascii art to follow...

     (O)               |88#8888(
    =====              |     =
%%         %%         %%%%%%%%%%%
%%---------%%         %%%%%%---%%

(0) and ( = the output shaft,
8 = the extension housing
| = the gearbox
# = standard mounting point
= = the bit I want the distance from with the holes where I am going to
put
    the mounts I am going to make
% = chassis rail
- = the overdrive mount plate, minus mount.

Many Thanks

James, hoping someone out there has a tape measure, and is in the area.
--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot