Gas leaks...

To: mail@jaguar.sr.hp.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Gas leaks...
From: Tom Monson <monson@jaguar.sr.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 08:20:51 -0800 (PST)
In reading all of these posts about carbs drooling gasoline, I thought of
one remote possibility:  defective or incorrect vapor recovery plumbing
allowing pressurization (due to crankcase pressure) of the fuel tank.  I
guess a simple check would be to pop the filler cap and see if it changes
things.
On another note, bathroom cleansers often contain chlorine - very corrosive
and difficult to remove completely.  Brings back memorys of the beautiful
green color all the electrical connectors turned when my ex-wife let a
(leaky) gallon of clorox roll around in the trunk for a week ;^{

Tom