Re: TR7 upgrades - LSD

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR7 upgrades - LSD
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 12:16:14 +1100 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Dear Listers,

Seeing as we've run sideways on the fundamentals of differential drive, I
might as well develop into a new thread...

Has anyone ever heard of fitting a limited-slip diff to a TR7/8 ?

Am I being rational in expecting that this mod would help to inhibit the
extreme oversteer (fishtailing, really) that happens whenever I give it too
much throttle coming out of a hard turn?

(By the way, I have already lowered & stiffened the suspension, and I think
I'm working with >125 hp).

Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia