TR-3 brake bleed valves

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR-3 brake bleed valves
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 17:15:52 -0500
I know that this subject has been pretty much beaten to death, but how
about one more?  About 5 years ago I sheared off one of them (Moss calls it
a bleed nipple) on my 62 TR-3B.  It wasn't much trouble to drill it out
with a bit that is just less than the diameter of the threads, and then run
the proper tap through it.  The new bleed valve screwed in fine.  Now, I
have sheared another one -- which unscrewed OK in the past -- and I have to
do it again.  Here's my question:  is there anything I can put on the
threads of the new bleed valve so that it won't bind again in the future?

Which reminds me, Moss had an interesting tip in their latest magazine,
Spring 1998.  Somebody suggested using Coca Cola for freeing rusted or
"tightened for life" nuts and bolts.  He sez it works better than liquid
wrench, etc.  Has anyone tried it?  I've only used it for dissolving the
white buildup on battery terminals.

Sumner Weisman, Framingham, Mass.