TR6 - Stainless Steel Exhaust System

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 - Stainless Steel Exhaust System
From: "Martin" <mxgo@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 15:09:39 -0800
Cc: <rbg@exact.com>
I finally had the Falcon stainless steel (ss) dual exhaust pipes with  dual
ultraflow mufflers installed on my '73 TR6.  The two front sections were
clamped on, the rear sections of the exhaust pipes were welded to the dual
ultraflows mufflers with chrome pencil tips on pipe extensions (from the
mufflers to the chrome tips).  The shop had to cut the rear sections of the
ss falcon pipes so that the rear of the two mufflers are right behind the
round cross brace pipe that ties the TR frame together.  That is why pipe
extensions were needed from the mufflers to the tips.

As to sound, the mufflers are slightly loud and on the highway, the drone
may get to you.  But, overall they sound good.

One slight problem is that the car will die (it did not do this before
changing to this new exhaust system)  when started, I will have to adjust
the mixture to compensate.

Martin Gonzales
'73 TR6
San Jose, California