RE: TR-6 Restoration Questions

To: Charles Duckworth <cnlduckwor@ninenet.com>
Subject: RE: TR-6 Restoration Questions
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 13:44:42 -0000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

> > Second question,...  I know gasoline is extremely flamable and
> > wondering if mineral spirits would be a better alternative and less
> likely
> > to attack the paint.
>
> Paint thinner or mineral spirits will work fine, especially if the
> original
> paint job has a clear coat. Work in small areas and wipe off thinner
> with clean rag. Key here is to work quick so the "black stuff" doesn't
>
> redry and to change rags (both the one for thinner and the one to
> wipe surface clean) frequently.>>

        Seems to be popular, mine has a matt black finish in the engine
bay as well. As the rest of the car is yellow, I decided to leave it
this way as its easier to keep clean(for the eye that is).
        Further to scotts reply, remember that the pait underneath might
have been damged originaly, so expect to be in for a spray job.

> Hope this helps.

        Gernot