Re: Brake bleeding

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Brake bleeding
From: "unicorn7" <unicorn7@mail.icnet.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 23:21:25 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
I just used an easy bleeder on my GT6, no problems with it, just get a
longer hose and disconnect the master cylinder from the pedal.  use the
longer hose to put the cup out where you can see it while pumping the
cylinder (remember not to force it at the stops, just slow steady pressure
and let the cylinder move back on it's own) for the passenger side get a
mirror for the rear brake, the front brake is easily seen.  Of course, if
you just want an excuse to have the guys over for some pizza,and beer,
that's fine too, you can have them help bleed and pump, and when you do the
rear brakes, they can help pull the wheels off so you can get to the bleeder
port (don't know if you can get to it on the Spit, had to do it that way on
the GT6.

Good luck, and don't forget to keep an eye on the MC, you can get about 6
good strokes before you have to refill the reservoir for the rear brakes.
If you try to do a one man bleed from inside the cockpit, your first
indication that you need to refill the reservoir is that annoying gurgling
sound that will remind you of a kid draining the last dregs of soda through
a straw...