Re[2]: Hiccuping TR6

To: "bollen@ibm.net" <bollen@ibm.net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "johnhaynes@som-uky.campus.mci.net" <johnhaynes@som-uky.campus.mci.net>, "J Barbuscia SE Kirkland WA" <jim.barbuscia@West.Sun.COM>
Subject: Re[2]: Hiccuping TR6
From: "Ross Vincenti" <RVincenti@lbfc.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 19:41 -0800
 Bollen wrote: > >
> >Every once in a while, driving at constant speed, the 6 will hiccup
> >briefly like I momentarily turned off the ignition for a split
> >second.May only happen once everty ten miles or so. Anybody have any
> >ideas?
> >Stu
> >74TR6 80TR8
*****************
Try scaring it - you know, jump out from behind the garage and yell
"BOO!" really loud.  You might also give it a glass of water - that
usually works for me, although it needs to hum while it takes the drink
to be effective.  I've also heard that breathing into a paper bag
sometimes works - maybe you could cover up the air cleaner intake with a
bag and see what happens.

sorry, I just couldn't resist......   :^)

Ross D. Vincenti
64 Spitfire 4
64 Porsche 356C Coupe