TR3 fuel pump

To: "triumphs mail list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR3 fuel pump
From: kengano@advant.com (Gano, Ken)
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 00:08:48 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Today, I got to rebuilding the AC Delco fuel pump on the TR3.  Two
questions:

1.  Does anyone know a source for the screen material on the top of the
sediment bowl?  the repair kit did not include a new screen and the old one
looks well clogged.

2.  I have a bunch of extra parts from the rebuild kit, including at least
two extra big rubber gaskets (the look similar to the sediment bowl sealing
gasket but are each slightly different,) three paper gaskets which look like
variations on the gasket between the pump and the block and two small paper
gasket which look like the go around the internal check valves, but are not
joined together, like the figure eight gasket.  The kit included a figure
eight gasket and I've used it.

This is one job where I actually had all the original pieces in one place
and the above seem to be extra over what I took out.  Also, the spare parts
book doesn't show any of these extra pieces.  I'm I missing something or did
the packer just get carried away?

TIA

kengano@advant.com
downstate illinois