David Hill-2.5PI

To: <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: David Hill-2.5PI
From: "David Hill" <David_J_Hill@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 00:59:41 -0000
First, to Brian Bull, in Wiltshire, UK.
Hi, Brian. Yes, I'm in the UK, living near York. You're right, there's not a
lot of UK/2000 material on team net but it's interesting anyway.
To yourself and anyone who can advise me, I've found a couple of small
problems with the car, as follows.

Brakes.
These seem a bit below par. A crash stop needs a LOT of pedal pressure.
Ultimately, the rear wheels will lock but the general situation is not
confidence-inspiring.
The brakes also have a strange property. When stopped and holding the car on
the pedal, the pedal sinks a little further. It will pump up and hold again.
I've checked that the servo is holding vacuum and there is no fluid loss.

Fuel Injection?
The car runs well and seems to be returning 22mpg+. At tickover, though,
there are episodes of 'eight stroking', giving a steady but rough idle. The
compressions are high and even, the plugs are good and there is no apparent
problem at speed.
Otherwise, the car is fine and will be visiting some UK shows this year.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

All the Best,
Dave Hill