Re: Differential question

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Differential question
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 05:56:15 -0800 (PST)
If it's like my GT6+ diff, on which I just replaced the pinion seal,
that crown nut does nothing more than hold the pinion flange on the
shaft. As far as I could tell from looking at the exploded view in my
Bently manual, the "end float" of the pinion shaft is determined
somewhere deeper in the diff nosecone.

Again, this relates to my GT6 diff--don't know if a TR6 diff is much
different ALSO, if I'm wrong, would someone PLEASE correct me as I
plan on getting my car back on the ground soon!

I also learned about Speedy Sleeves to repair shaft wear due to bad
seal. Ask me and I'll tell that story.

John Donohoe
Spring's almost here! (Michigan)