Re; The New kid's First Message

To: <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re; The New kid's First Message
From: "David Hill" <David_J_Hill@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 23:40:56 -0000
Whoa! What a friendly bunch:-))
Thanks to Mike Blonder, Carol Zingone, Dave in San Diego, Ken Garo, Bob
Kramer and Chris Rodgers, for the warm welcome.
Yes, I was a bit remiss in not telling you where I am but we Brits are like
that. I live in York, U.K., the home of rusty Triumphs.
Now for who I am. Until recently, I used to write for 'Practical Classics'
Magazine. If anyone remembers "Doris the Morris" (1968 Minor Traveller) and
"The Archbishop" (1964 Ford Cortina Woody Estate), I was the one who wrote
the articles and took the pics. Now, I have retrained as a Psychological
Counsellor but I still write for 'Real Classics' and 'Kitcars
International'.
I've also got a 1986 Reliant Scimitar SS1 (also styled by Giovanni
Michelotti)-to see one like it, search for "Scimweb" on the net.
I've had several Triumphs, including a '68 Herald 1200, a '72 Spitfire and a
'78 TR7 Coupe. This last one was fun; after blowing up the motor, I fitted a
16 valve Dolomite Sprint Motor and a five speed gearbox. It went like a
rocket but the brakes were useless.
I've only had the 2.5PI a few days so I haven't a lot to say on it. One
problem is that when it's cold, it won't let me have second gear at all.
After a few hundred yards it's fine and there's no synchro problem so I'm
going to try using 20/50 oil in the gearbox. This is Rimmer Bros. idea and
MGB overdrive 'boxes use this oil so I'm happy to give it a whirl. I'll let
you know if it works.
If anyone wants to contact me direct, the address is David_J_Hill@msn.com.
Incidentally, Carol, my cars are like yours-they all get named. The Scimitar
is called Samantha, for no real reason. The 2.5 is called Tamara because it
might run well then.
Thanks again,
Dave Hill.