Re: Spitfire Ignition Timing ???

To: msecres@ibm.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire Ignition Timing ???
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 21:02:33 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Comments: Authenticated sender is <Brad.Kahler@pop.141.com>
Okay, can anyone out there provide me with the diameter of a GT6 MK3
crank pulley?  Need this to establish a comparison between a Spitfire
MK1 and the GT6 MK3 timing marks.

TIA

> Yeah, that's could work, assuming I'm interpreting Bentley's
> correctly. For the GT6, Bentley's says that one degree equals
> 2/10ths of an inch (in either direction).  If you could somehow
> measure the periphery of your pulley accurately enough, I suppose
> you could divide that number by 360.  Or, you could try to ascertain
> the size of the GT6 stock pulley vs. the Spitfire one, and if they
> are by chance the same, try marking off .20" for each degree and go
> from there.  Maybe Joe Curry can help?
>
> --ms

Brad

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (After 10 years will be on the road in
March!!!)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Needs Restoration)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Boxes & Boxes of parts right now)