Re: colour code (JMA)

To: rroach@sprint.ca
Subject: Re: colour code (JMA)
From: Bob Sykes <s1500@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 20:29:01 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Ron,

JMA is indeed the mystical "unlisted" alternate paint code
for Pageant Blue.  I have one of these cars, which lead me
to research this mystery some time ago.  It's not documented
in any of "the books" but BMHT production records confirm it.
Various other sources also list Pageant blue as being JAE, JAG,
JNA and JAM.

IMHO sometime in the late '80s Pageant Blue became a derivative
of Tahiti Blue which is very close.  A former BL paint shop
foreman recalled that during this time, BL had as many as four
different suppliers (& shades) of any one particular paint code.
Blues being the most notorious for shade variations.  Now that
these cars have 20 year old paint, or resprays, it is extremely
difficult to know for certain.

Happy Holidays
Bob (& '78 Spits)