Battery questions

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Battery questions
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 17:01:46 -0800 (PST)
I have a battery for my TR4 that has seen better days.

The date sticker says Jan 91.  It has been sitting for the past 5 years or
so.  When I got it, it was dead dead dead; only read 1.3 volts or so.  My
automagic charger wouldn't even recognize that it had a battery hooked up.

I got the charger to go by giving the battery a "jump start" with a
different battery (small Ni-Cd pack for radio control car) and now the
charger is putting 3 amps into the battery (half rated output)

Am I flogging a dead horse?  (er battery)  Can old batteries be revived?

I intend to charge it in cycles (ie one day on, one day off), and problems
with this?

Thanks,
-Malcolm