Re: Alternate seats in a Spitfire?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, gambony@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Alternate seats in a Spitfire?
From: Pat.Catchpole@netc.co.uk (Pat Catchpole)
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 16:52:44 +0000
     Jim

     Peter William's book 'Guide to Purchase and Restoration of the
     Spitfire and GT6' shows a picture of a Mk3 (I think from memory) with
     pair of leather finished Daimler seats shoe-horned in.  They look very
     comfortable, but I think some serious mods would have been done to the
     undersides to give the correct height.  It just shows that given time,
     ingenuity (and sometimes money) that just about anythings's possible

     Pat
     (std ripped hounds-tooth with crumbling foam)