Engine Repair/Thrust Washer

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Engine Repair/Thrust Washer
From: highwaystar@juno.com (Highway star)
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 11:49:30 EST
Hi Folks-

The continued engine repair caused by the thrust washer damage.  I now
have a 360 degree thrust washer installed on the main cap and the engine
is slapped back together at a cost of $1,250 ($250 to machine and fix the
crank, and the rest for RRing the engine components...pistons, rings
etc.).  Quite expensive I thought, cause RRing the engine back into the
car is a separate cost.

I'm missing a part, driving gear....has a crack, and it's on back order
from TRF (I'll find out if Moss has it in stock Monday).  Mechanic is
putting Carbs, Clutch etc. back together.

Will keep you enthusiasts informed!

Ciao-
Pouya