Re: Unleaded fuel

To: 66austin@mursuky.campus.mci.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Unleaded fuel
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 23:52:17 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-10-25 22:42:14 EDT, 66austin@mursuky.campus.mci.net
writes:

> I am the proud owner of an early 1974 TR6 (the 24th car produced in
>  August of 1974) and I have a serious concern.  I drive the car daily and
>  am wondering if I should put any lead additives in my fuel when I fuel
>  up??????

Jeff:

I'm no expert on this subject, but I've got over 30,000 miles on mine, using
regular gas, with no problems. I pulled the head after I drove the car about
15,000 miles to have it milled, and there was no sign whatever of valve seat
regression, or other damge. The previous owner only drove the car around his
subdivision on nice Sunday afternoons, and he used a lead additive. The
engine was completely rebuilt just before he bought it.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74