ARRC - No TRs -

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: ARRC - No TRs -
From: vitesse@juno.com
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 22:08:51 -0400
Well, today we went to Road Atlanta to watch the 1997 American Road Race
of Champions....enjoyed the rain, rain, mud, and more rain, racing, the
race cars, and oh yeah, did I mention that it was raining?  It was a fun
time anyway.  I had the Union Jack on the antenna, but saw no others from
the list ( well, except Ted from TS. who was selling his really neat
wares )

The Holton TR7 wasn't there and the Smith TR8 was absent also, so I did
the next best thing I could, Cheered for the only LBC there, a '72 MG
Midget.  He was turning some respectable times and managed to stay out of
the lap 8 - 9 car malay at turn 12.  After a 2 hour red flag to clean up
the mess ( THANKFULLY - NO ONE WAS SERIOUSLY HURT! )  The race was
restarted and the Midget took a first in class and 8th overall, turning a
best lap of 1:57.098.  Not too bad.

The real thrill though was the night racing...Nothing like it...nothing
at all.  To see those blazing lights coming out of turn 7....you would
have had to have been there.  Unfortunately, a few cars left the track
and became mired in mud.  The race was red flagged at 45 minutes ( a 3
hour enduro ) and at the 1 hour marked the race was canceled.

I would imagine though from the attendance and enthusiasm of the crowds
there, that there will be more night racing at Road Atlanta...truly a
great place to watch a race!

Hugh R. McAleer
Jonesboro, GA
'68 TR 250, owned since 1980