Stromberg Carb Mod

To: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Stromberg Carb Mod
From: Tomislav Marincic <74137.3420@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 00:12:35 -0400
        Triumphisti,

        This winter, I am counterboring my TR250's Zenith-Strombergs to
accept TR4 adjustable jets. I'm using the "6-tech" manual as a reference,
but I have a few questions:

        1. I have nearly everything I need, except I'm not happy with one
of the jet holder bodies I have. One is steel, and looks servicable, but
the other is aluminum, and the top 1/3 of the threads (which actually mates
with the carb body) looks badly flattened. Does anyone have a decent steel
jet holder body from a TR4 Stromberg they'd care to part with?

        2. I also need one "centering washer", the part that goes between
the jet orifice and and the carb body. Anyone have one? If they are still
available new, does anyone with a TR4 catalog have a TRF or Moss part
number? Do you have a part number for the standard .100" main jet and/or
carb rebuild kit?

        3. Can anyone recommend a competent, LBC-friendly machinist in
Northern Virginia? The job is easy and I have a simple diagram, I just need
someone who cares about his work.

        If you're still reading this, thanks.

        Best regards,

        Tom Marincic