Transverse spring/disk brakes

To: "Triumph (E-mail)" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Transverse spring/disk brakes
From: Glenn Bowley <gbowley@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 15:07:13 -0400
Hi all-
I had two questions somebody may have some answers for:

1.) I need to replace the transverse leaf spring on my '75 Spit, and was
wondering if
anyone could recommend a "stronger than stock" unit. Maybe some suspension
company makes an aftermarket unit that will last longer? Or is one of the big 3
selling a "stock" unit better than the other? I'd like to replace this unit
only once
every 10 years if possible?

2.) Has anybody ever tried putting disk brakes on the rear of a Spitfire? I
really hate
the stock drum units! (I know, I know, they do the job!)
Any comments, experience in this area?
Thanks in advance!

Glenn Bowley
'75 Spit 1500 FM30644U