Re: Question: Early Spitfire choke cable.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, Jane Burdekin <burdekij@bvsd.k12.co.us>, Creig & Kay Houghtaling <creigkay@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Question: Early Spitfire choke cable.
From: Peter Ficklin <pficklin@qnis.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 08:34:37 -0700
Jane, and Creig,
  Got to work this AM, so checked my Haynes manual for the Spit.  On
page 87, lower right corner picture shows cable well - the choke is the
one closest to the airbox.  Also on page 94, upper right, is a line
drawing of the rear carb showing choke cable attachment.  Last, but not
least, lower right drawing on page 95 shows dual SU setup with choke
attachment.  Oops, also upper left corner of page 96 - good closeup
photo.  I don't know about the GT6, though, but I think they had the
Strombergs - not SU's - so the linkage would be different.

Peter Ficklin
'63 & '68 Spits

Jane Burdekin wrote:

> I have the opposite problem, I have a double choke cable, and only the rear
> carb is hooked up.  It seems to work fine, and I haven't bothered to hook
> up the front carb to the choke.  The cable just hangs there since I am
> missing the hook up piece to the front carb.  FWIW
> Jane
> '67 GT6
<SNIP>