[Fwd: Re: 80 Spity Overdrive Drive shaft]

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Fwd: Re: 80 Spity Overdrive Drive shaft]
From: Peter Ficklin <pficklin@qnis.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 10:50:46 -0700
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 10:49:39 -0700
From: Peter Ficklin <pficklin@qnis.net>
To: Metwrench@aol.com
Subject: Re: 80 Spity Overdrive Drive shaft

John,
   I asked more-or-less asked the same question last spring, albeit for
a non-OD Spit.  The list consensus was to put the sliding-joint to the
rear  -  this was for a '63.
Ralph Jannelli also replied to my question as follows:

"I have a book, the only one that has any detail about the drive shaft
and
all they say is to remember which way it was in the car, since the
factory
installed them both ways!!  I've had some vibration in mine and have
tried
the shaft both way with no noticeable difference."

Good luck...
Peter Ficklin
'63 & '68 Spits